Tropical Sangria infused with refreshing pineapple coconut water is the perfect cocktail for those warm summer nights. Refreshing, crisp and full of your favorite tropical fruits, this sangria will transport your brain right to the islands. I used a sweet Moscato wine for this recipe, feel free to use your favorite wine or whatever you have on hand.
Refreshing Tropical Sangria – Pin It For Later!
Follow Daily DIY Life on Pinterest!
When it comes to summer cocktails, I always lean towards the fruity or tropical flavors the most. Something sweet, that is still light and refreshing is right up my alley. I certainly don’t want a big thick heavy drink that will make me uncomfortable and lazy though out the summer months. I can handle all of that just fine on my own. Don’t get me wrong, come winter time I am all about the creamy, dreamy cocktails like our favorite Creamy Butterfinger Cocktail.
If you are a fan of sweet dessert wines or even sweet white wine, you will forever be a fan of this cocktail. The combination of sweet Moscato wine and crisp refreshing pineapple coconut water is a cocktail marriage made in heaven.
Time for an Awesome Summer Cocktail Party
I am so excited to share with you our Weekly Summer Cocktail Party! I have joined up with 9 other amazing bloggers to bring you the best summer cocktails around. Each week we will all share with you our favorites, and tell you how to make them. I can not wait to give all of them a try they look so fantastic.
To see each delicious cocktail, just follow the links at the end of this post. Be sure to stop by and say hello, and check out each of the tasty summer cocktail recipes. If you have a favorite, or one that you absolutely must try, I would love to hear about it in the comments below.
Tropical Sangria with Coconut & Pineapple
1 bottle Sweet Moscato Wine
1 32 oz. bottle Pineapple Coconut water (I used clear brand from Walmart)
1 23.5 oz. jar Dole tropical fruit in natural juices (add as much or as little as you like)
Toasted Coconut, Pineapple & Lime for garnish (optional)
Dip the rim of the glass in the fruit syrup and then in the toasted coconut for garnish.
In a tall glass pitcher pour equal parts wine and coconut water. Add tropical fruit to the sangria to fill the pitcher. Let the Tropical Sangria chill for at least an hour. This will also allow the fruit to marinate in the wine mixture for even more added flavor.
Serve chilled over ice for a refreshing summer treat that is perfect anytime day or night.
- Toasting the coconut: Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Place shredded coconut in a baking dish in a thin layer. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes, stirring often so it does not burn. Cool completely before using it as a garnish.
- Rimming a glass: You can add so much flavor and added taste to any cocktail simply by adding garnish around the rim. To rim a glass, be sure to use something that is slightly sticky like fruit juice, simple syrup, or citrus wedges. Simply dip the glass into the liquid or run a cut piece of citrus around the rim before dipping the edge of the glass into your favorite garnish.
- Juicing citrus fruit: To yield more juice from your citrus fruit, you can do one of two things. 1. gently roll the citrus on the counter before slicing, or 2. microwave the whole piece of citrus fruit for 10 seconds before cutting. Both of these methods work great to make your citrus full of juice.
- 1 bottle Sweet Moscato Wine
- 1 32 oz. bottle Pineapple Coconut water (I used clear brand from Walmart)
- 1 23.5 oz. jar Dole tropical fruit in natural juices (add as much or as little as you like)
- Toasted Coconut, Pineapple & Lime for garnish (optional)
- Dip the rim of the glass in the fruit syrup and then in the toasted coconut for garnish.
- In a tall glass pitcher pour equal parts wine and coconut water. Add tropical fruit to the sangria to fill the pitcher. Let the Tropical Sangria chill for at least an hour. This will also allow the fruit to marinate in the wine mixture for even more added flavor.
- Serve chilled over ice for a refreshing summer treat that is perfect anytime day or night.
Helpful Tools & Utensils:
Want to look like a professional mixologist at your next summer party? Here are a few utensils and some great books you can pick up right from Amazon to help you out.
Books and Information:
As promised here are 10 Refreshing Summer Cocktails From Our Cocktail Party!! Be sure to stop over to each blog to see the recipes and say hello! Just click the links under the beautiful graphic below.
Orange Crush Cocktail from A Turtle’s Life for Me • Tropical Sangria with Coconut from Daily DIY Life • Loaded Corona from Weekend Craft • Cinnamon Roll Fireball Shot from Our Crafty Mom • Rum Punch Summer Cocktail from Happy Go Lucky • Spiked Honey Arnold Palmer from Red Cottage Chronicle • Frozen Mango Margarita from a Family Around the Table • Ginger Beer Mojito from Creative Ramblings • Orange Creamsicle Cocktail from Create & Babble • Grapefruit Vodka Mule from Upright and Caffeinated
Thanks so much for stopping by for our weekly party. Be sure to sign up for our Newsletter so you don’t miss out on the rest of the awesome cocktails, we have 4 more weeks of our cocktail party. Make sure you are the first to know when we add new recipes!