The first time I made these Crispy Nuwave Air Fryer Chicken Wings, I was pleasantly surprised at how perfect they came out. I have to admit, I was a little skeptical cooking the entire package at once in the air fryer.
The result was tender, juicy, and delicious crispy chicken wings. These are pretty darn close to restaurant quality wings. My favorite part of all is they are cooked in the air fryer, and not in a big vat of hot oil. That means these Air Fryer Chicken Wings are a better for you version of your favorite restaurant wings, without all the fat and added calories. Who doesn’t love that?
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- NuWave Brio 6 qt. Air Fryer (This is the model that I use and LOVE)
- Chef Knife for separating wings
- Stainless Steel Bowl to toss your wings
- Stainless Steel Kitchen Tongs
Air Fryer Accessories & Cook Books
- Nuwave Brio Gourmet Accessory Kit
- Universal 5 piece Accessories Kit for 3.2 – 5.8 qt Air Fryer
- Universal Air Fryer Accessories Including Cake Barrel, Baking Dish Pan, Grill, Pot Pad, Pot Rack with Silicone Mat by Bellagione (8 Pcs)
Cooking With An Air Fryer
I have had my NuWave Brio 6qt. Air Fryer for almost a year. When I first got it, I couldn’t wait to cook everything and anything just to see how it came out. We tried everything from a whole chicken (delicious!) to chocolate cupcakes (not a great outcome.. LOL). I discovered my favorite things to make in the air fryer were tasty foods that were normally fried in oil like the Crispy Potato Skins I posted last month…. and bacon! Bacon in the air fryer is AAAAAmazing! That just might be my next air fryer recipe post, it is so simple and easy and NO mess.
Crispy Nuwave Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Let’s talk chicken wings! There is just something about a meaty, juicy chicken wing with super crispy deep-fried skin that is to die for. The right chicken wing can make or break the appetizer basket. Am I right? As great as they are, we really don’t need all of that added fat, especially when there really is an easier and healthier way to get the perfect chicken wing with no oil at all. Using the air fryer can give you everything a deep fryer can give you and more. This is our favorite and the only way we make them now.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 4 – 5 lbs. Thawed Chicken Wing Pieces rinsed and patted dry.
- Olive oil cooking spray
- Garlic Powder, Salt & Pepper to taste
- Your favorite wing sauce (optional) Try our BEST Teriyaki Sauce on these wings! You won’t be sorry!
Instructions for Nuwave Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Lightly spray the inside of your air fryer basket with olive oil spray.
Place wings in a large bowl, and spray lightly with olive oil spray.
Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt & pepper
Cook Time for Chicken Wings
Place all the wings in the air fryer.
Make sure to leave a few inches of space above the wings. You don’t want to fill it to the top, you need a bit of room for the air to circulate.
Cook at 325 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes, pausing and shaking the basket every 5-6 minutes for even cooking. This is important for even cooking.
Once the wings are slightly brown and cooked through, turn the temperature up to 400 degrees.
Cook for 6 – 8 minutes on 400, shaking the basket halfway through. This will give the perfect crispy golden brown skin we all love in a good chicken wing.
Toss chicken wings in your favorite wing sauce if desired. We love honey BBQ, Teriyaki, and Buffalo Sauce, but you can put anything you like on these wings. You can also leave them plain for a healthier, crispy perfect appetizer.
There you have it, it really is that easy! If you own an Air Fryer and are looking for better, healthier options for your favorite fried foods this Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Wings recipe is perfect for you. Print the recipe using the print button below.
Crispy Nuwave Air Fryer Chicken Wings (Less than an Hour)
- 5 pounds chicken wings
- cooking spray
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Lightly spray the inside of your air fryer basket with olive oil spray.
- Place wings in a large bowl, and spray lightly with olive oil spray.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt & pepper
- Place all the wings in the air fryer. Make sure to leave a few inches of space above the wings. You don't want to fill it to the top, you need a bit of room for the air to circulate.
- Cook at 325 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes, pausing and shaking the basket every 5-6 minutes for even cooking.