Spring has finally sprung around these parts of West Virginia. Today, however, was a gloomy rainy day outside. My favorite kind of weather for crafting indoors. I have had these cardboard eggs in my craft closet for a while now, so I decided to give them a fresh coat of awesome chalk paint, and nestle them down in an adorable Burlap Bunny Easter Egg Holder. They will be an adorable addition to my Easter table this year.
Burlap Bunny Easter Egg Holder – Quick & Easy Easter Decor – Pin it for later!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Which simply means that if you click on a link and make a purchase, I will receive a small commission at no extra charge to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy for more details.
I found the cardboard eggs on clearance after Easter last year for 19 cents. I knew I would find a good use for them this year. Even if I didn’t … 19 CENTS! How could I pass them up? Many moons ago, my girlfriend and I made party favors for a baby shower out of washcloths, in the shape of a bunny. What a cute idea for your holiday table or even just decorating around the house at Easter. Since I am a burlap lover and had a good size roll left, it was an easy decision to use the burlap instead of washcloths for my Easter Egg Holder.
Burlap Bunny Easter Egg Holder!
Materials needed for this project:
Easter Eggs (color your own or use cardboard eggs)
Believe it or not, making one of these adorable Burlap Bunny Easter Egg Holders will take you less than 5 minutes! They are super fast and the perfect addition to any table or Easter decor. Here is how we made them.
- Cut a 12 inch by 12 inch square from the burlap ribbon.
- Fold the square in half corner to corner
- Starting along the long edge, roll the burlap til you reach the point
- Fold the roll in half
- Fold it in half again, with the 2 points on the top (see picture below)
- Attach a rubber band about 2 inches from the 2nd fold, this will create the head.
- Tie a pretty thin ribbon over the rubber band for decoration.
- Adjust the ears so they stand up and adjust the space where the egg will go. This will take just a minute but is worth the time to make it look like a bunny.
- Add your decorated eggs to the space behind the ears and viola! There you have it your adorable Burlap Bunny Easter Egg Holder!
If you are more of a visual learner:
These bunnies were so simple and so much fun to make. The cardboard eggs were painted with a wonderful new product from Plaid. Their new line of chalk finish paint was used and gave the eggs just the right farmhouse feel to go with the burlap.
The paint is thick and creamy, with a gorgeous chalky finish. This is Cameo Rose, and I loved it so much, I may have to paint my house in this color! Kidding! But I do love it that much.
The colors I used were Cameo Rose, Cadet Grey, Marigold, and Colonial Teal. Just gorgeous spring colors, perfect for any Easter table!
I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed creating these adorable Burlap Bunny Easter Egg Holders. If you love decorating for Easter as much as I do, you may also love what my friend Michelle (MichelleJDesigns.com) did to her easter eggs using these gorgeous paints. If you are a fan of the Farmhouse look, stop over and check them out! Click on the image below.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful and a very Happy Easter!