Gift Wrap DIY Christmas Tree Wall Canvas – Pin it for later!
- Cut out a shape from the card stock to use for the base of the tree. This can be a basic rectangle or you can get a little fancier like Tiffani did with a cool funky shape as her base. Glue it along the bottom of the canvas, be sure to center it as much as possible
- Starting from the bottom roll of the tree cut one strip of wrapping paper 12 inches long and 6 inches wide. The paper will roll up on itself, but feel free to tack the edges together using a small piece of double sided sticky tape. Tape the wrapping paper roll to the canvas right at the top of the tree base.
- Cut and adhere the remaining strips of the DIY Christmas Tree using alternate wrapping paper patterns, decreasing just the length by 1 inch each time (11, 10, 9 etc..) until you have enough rolls to fill the canvas almost to the top.
- Make sure to leave room for the accent bow.
- Once all your paper rolls are secure on your canvas, adhere your tree topper to the canvas. If you have a topper that is a bit heavy, go ahead and use hot glue instead of double sided sticky tape. This will ensure a more stable topper.
- String your battery operated light strand between each roll to finish off your DIY Christmas Tree!
- Hang it on the wall, or display it nicely on a plate stand.
I am completely in love with this whole design! I think I may have to do one in DDL colors for my office space!