When you are in need of beautiful holiday decorations but just don’t have the space for that much, you improvise and create your own. That is what Tiffani did with her Gift Wrap DIY Christmas Tree Wall Canvas! Using inexpensive items from the dollar store, you can have this fantastic piece of festive decor hanging in your space in no time. Read all the way to the bottom to see just how clever she got with this technique in her own home.
Gift Wrap DIY Christmas Tree Wall Canvas – Pin it for later!
For more holiday craft projects and recipe ideas – Follow Daily DIY Life on Pinterest!
*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our Disclosure Policy for full details.
[Tweet “#DIY Christmas Tree out of Gift Wrap! Super fun & adorable! @DailyDIYLife #Christmas #crafts”]
- Cut out a shape from the card stock to use for the base of the tree. This can be a basic rectangle or you can get a little fancier like Tiffani did with a cool funky shape as her base. Glue it along the bottom of the canvas, be sure to center it as much as possible
- Starting from the bottom roll of the tree cut one strip of wrapping paper 12 inches long and 6 inches wide. The paper will roll up on itself, but feel free to tack the edges together using a small piece of double sided sticky tape. Tape the wrapping paper roll to the canvas right at the top of the tree base.
- Cut and adhere the remaining strips of the DIY Christmas Tree using alternate wrapping paper patterns, decreasing just the length by 1 inch each time (11, 10, 9 etc..) until you have enough rolls to fill the canvas almost to the top.
- Make sure to leave room for the accent bow.
- Once all your paper rolls are secure on your canvas, adhere your tree topper to the canvas. If you have a topper that is a bit heavy, go ahead and use hot glue instead of double sided sticky tape. This will ensure a more stable topper.
- String your battery operated light strand between each roll to finish off your DIY Christmas Tree!
- Hang it on the wall, or display it nicely on a plate stand.
Tiffani lives in a smaller apartment and needed to find a Christmas tree that wouldn’t take up a lot of space. What she came up with is not only perfect for her small apartment, but it is absolutely adorable too!!
She did this DIY Christmas Tree technique on her living room wall. How cool is that? Longer strips and a lot more tape made this simple yet stunning DIY Christmas tree for her cozy apartment. I am loving it! She even shared a few photos on how she did it … take a look!
The hand Painted Holiday Bottles are such a nice touch too! You can see how they were made HERE.
I am completely in love with this whole design! I think I may have to do one in DDL colors for my office space!
A very sincere Thank You to Tiffani for sharing her amazing craftiness with us! She is becoming a regular asset to the Daily DIY Life community! If you would like to see more from my super talented incredible baby sister, give her a shout out in the comments below! She is full of knowledge about so many wonderful things … you won’t be sorry!
What kind of Christmas tree do you have? Real? Fake? Large? Small? I am curious to know!