This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BTSwithHP #CollectiveBias
Well, it is that time of year again. The time where we start getting back into our routines, readjusting our schedules and getting our internal clock back to normal. Yep, you guessed it, it’s Back To School time! Well, it’s almost back to school time. We have just 3 short weeks before the teens go back to school. Normally I am all gung ho about the boys going back to school. As they get older, it’s really nice having them around every day. This upcoming school year is a little bittersweet for me. Declan (17) is going to be a Senior! Wait, how the heck did that happen so fast? I think it was just last year I was helping him with addition and subtraction. Ok so maybe it just seems like last year, boy they grow up so fast! I will have one Senior and one Sophmore this year. That being said, it is time to get organized and ready for the big year to begin. Clothes shopping, supply lists, and schedules are all on the top of our to-do list these next few weeks. Did you know you can use your HP laptop to keep track of all of that? There are so many incredible apps and extensions to keep you organized, stay focused, even help you study. As we plan out this year, and try to figure out what is to come after high school ends, we are keeping our cool knowing that these 8 Must Have Apps & Extensions for High Schoolers will keep us on track.
8 Must Have Apps & Extensions For High-Schoolers – Pin it for later!
In order to run all of the apps, extensions, and programs that we do, you will need a good quality computer or laptop. The HP Envy and all of the New HP Computers at Walmart will fit the bill. We chose the HP Envy for all of its fantastic features, perfect to help you conquer even your most ambitious challenges! Just look at these specs…
- Next Level Entertainment: Dive right in with a brilliant Full HD display and audio by Bang & Olufsen (Seriously the best laptop speakers I have ever heard!)
- Powered for performance: The latest Intel Core i Processor makes every task a thrill
- All day portability: Light (4.4 pounds), thin, and packed with an all day battery (up to NINE hours of battery life!) This laptop definitely keeps up.
- Vivid Wide Angle touch screen: A vibrant Full HD wide angle touch screen
- Backlit keyboard with integrated numeric pad.
- One year of FREE cloud service: Get 25GB of FREE online cloud service with Dropbox
- Gorgeous Sleek design: Just look at how shiny and pretty she is in natural silver!
If those incredible specs don’t have you already jumping for joy, just visit your local Walmart. You can see all of the NEW HP Computers right in the electronics section. Or visit Walmart.com to grab this beautiful HP Envy!
Now onto the fun stuff. Let’s talk Apps and Extensions, shall we?
We have put together our favorite Must Have Apps, Extensions and Websites that will help with either studying or organization. We are writing this post for high school students in general, but in reality, these apps and extensions will work for anyone that needs assistance with organizing and/or studying. There is even a quick tutorial at the end of this post showing you how we use one of our all time favorite programs to have a little fun during our down time.
Organization Websites, Apps & Extensions:
- Incredible Start Page – Extention for Google Chrome – Incredible StartPage is a productive start page replacement. Put all your favorite bookmarks in a beautiful frame, and enjoy all of the handy features!
- View “Bookmarks”, “Apps” and “Most Visited Sites” all in one tab
- Multiple notepads and post to Gmail/Google Calendar
- Customizable color theme and background image
- Notepad sync across computers by Bookmark Sync
- Recently closed tab recovery
- Rearrange App Order
- Send tab/link to Startpage
2. MyHomeworkApp.com – Application – myHomework syncs across devices so you can easily access your classes and assignments anytime and anywhere – FREE and Premium plans available. myHomework is an app where students can manage their school life. It replaces the traditional student planner with a great experience on students favorite devices
- Track assignments, projects, tests and more…
- Track classes
- Receive due date reminders
- Sync between devices
- Join Teachers.io classes
3. Evernote.com – Downloadable Program/App – Evernote Basic gives you the tools to keep your thoughts effortlessly organized. Write and collect ideas in notes, group notes with notebooks or tags and find them quickly when you need them. – FREE and Premium plans available
- Create a task list
- Share your ideas: Share and discuss your notes with friends or colleagues right from Evernote, without switching apps.
- Lock it down: For more security, require a passcode whenever you launch Evernote on your phone or tablet.
- Store important online papers, ebooks, and materials in Evernote to have them readily at your fingertips from anywhere.
4. Google Drive – Google Application – Get access to files anywhere through secure cloud storage and file backup for your photos, videos, files and more with Google Drive.
- Store any file: Drive starts you with 15 GB of free Google online storage, so you can keep photos, stories, designs, drawings, recordings, videos – anything.
- View your files anywhere – Your files in Drive can be reached from any smartphone, tablet, or computer. So wherever you go, your files follow.
- Share files and folders – You can quickly invite others to view, download, and collaborate on all the files you want–no email attachment needed.
Studying Websites, Apps & Extensions:
5.Quizlet.com – Website and mobile app – Quizlet is a place where everyone can share knowledge in any subject, at any level and gain confidence as a learner. All the content in Quizlet is created by other users and 87% share what they create or study.
- 2 billion study sessions viewed
- 125 million user-generated study sets
- 40 million users every month
- 1 in every 4 high school students in the U.S. uses Quizlet daily
6. StudyBlue.com – Website and mobile App – They provide the digital tools and study material needed to help you realize your fullest potential. Join for free today to get better grades, save time, and stress less!
- Make your own flashcards and notes
- Upload, organize, and store all your notes and course materials
- Recommended content suggestions while making flashcards
- Add images, audio, and advanced text features
- Offline mode on iOS and Android
- Free and Premium packages
7. DuoLingo.com – Website and mobile App – Learning a new language with Duolingo is fun and addictive. Earn points for correct answers, race against the clock, and level up. Bite-sized lessons are effective, and they have proof that it works
- Read, Listen, Speak -Each lesson includes a variety of speaking, listening, translation, and multiple choice challenges.
- In-Lesson Grading-Instantly see which answers you get correct. When you miss a challenge, we’ll quickly show you how to improve.
- Streak Count – Duolingo motivates you to stay on track by recording how many days in a row you spend learning a language.
- Hearts – Hearts keep your lessons alive! You lose them when you answer incorrectly. When you’re out of hearts, start over and try again.
Last but not least …..
#8. A little bit of something FUN to do with your new HP Computer!! We can’t work 100% of the time now can we? Take a little break and learn how to use PicMonkey.com to make a fun customizable calendar. There are tons of tutorials out there, but here is a quickie on how to make a custom calendar using the FREE version of PicMonkey.com
Click the PLAY button below to get started!
If you like the August Calendar in the video, you can print out a blank one, just click the image below!
With all of the fantastic organizing and studying tools, our shiny new HP Envy Laptop, and a great plan I think we are officially ready for the school year to begin. Time to start our plan for college, and what comes next! We are both super excited and incredibly nervous all at the same time. I know he will do well, but when your babies start leaving the nest us moms tend to take it the hardest. Am I right moms?
Thanks so much for stopping by! If you have made it to the end of this post, I would love to hear which app/extensions you love the most, which one are you most excited to try? Drop a note in the comments and let me know!
I was thrilled to work with Walmart and HP for the purpose of this post. HP graciously gave me the HP Envy laptop to review. Are you an HP user also? Be sure to stop over to Walmart.com and leave a review on your favorite HP products, they love to hear from their customers!
Want to see other HP laptops and PC’s in action? Head over to Create with HP to check it out!!