Can you all believe we are just 3 short weeks away from Thanksgiving? I know I say this all the time but this whole year has just flown by. The next three weeks are going to be busy ones for sure, to get your home and your life ready for Your Thanksgiving Meal. I am so glad you are all following along with me on this mission for a stress free holiday! I sure hope you are seeing results. For the last two weeks you have been given small tasks to get you ready in advance for your holiday gathering. here is a short recap of those tasks that you “should” have completed up to this point.
5 Weeks Ahead:
- Make guest list and plan your menu
- Gather recipes and decide who is cooking what
- Buy atleast 3 things at the store that you will need for your Thanksgiving Meal. (This can be as simple as a can of cranberry sauce or as big as the bird itself. Depends on your own budget)
- Make 1 dish you can freeze and store it in the freezer. If you aren’t comfortable freezing ahead the dishes for your big meal, your task is to clean out your fridge/freezer a little each day to make room for essential Thanksgiving Meal items.
4 Weeks Ahead:
- Make sure you have completed week 1 tasks… View Those HERE.
- Define your menu – Must haves and what to eliminate / Make your grocery list.
- Pick up 2 – 3 items at the grocery store now, to save money later.
- Inventory your serving dishes and seating availability. Order tables and chairs if needed.
- Make one side dish or dessert that you can freeze ahead. See our proper Freezing tips HERE.
If you still need a little time to finish them, it’s ok. But the sooner you get them done the easier your Thanksgiving Meal preparation will be on you. We want to enjoy celebrating the special day with our family and friends. Not being cooped up in the kitchen all day long.
I have created an easy Thanksgiving Meal Planner that you can print for FREE from your computer. This may help you stay on track while you are out shopping and when you are creating your recipes. You can find the FREE Printable Thanksgiving Meal Planner By clicking on the image below. It will open to a google doc. and you can print it right from home. There are three colors to choose from, so pick the one you like the best. (I got a little carried away making these, and couldn’t pick a favorite so you got all three!)
When printing, be sure your printer options for fit to window are UNCHECKED for proper printing.
Your tasks for this week – Three Weeks Ahead – Planning Your Thanksgiving Meal:
- Complete Previous tasks mentioned above
- Select your decor – Make center pieces, place cards, food labels ect (We will have some fun printables coming up later in the week. Be sure to sign up for our Newsletter or Follow us on Facebook for the updates!)
- Create your seating plan – If you need them, have you ordered your chairs?
- Make a cooking plan using your recipe list. What can be made ahead? What can be frozen? How long does each dish take to cook?
- Pick up 2 – 3 things at the grocery store now, to save money later.
I am super excited for Thanksgiving this year. Two of my wonderful Aunts are coming to visit for the week. I can’t wait til all of us are cooking together, and making wonderful memories. I am determined to stick to this game plan so we can fully enjoy our holiday together. I was born and raised in Plymouth, MA. Yes siree … I was born where the first Thanksgiving was held. So this holiday is extra special to all of us. Growing up in Plymouth, you see and learn so much. If you are a history buff, and ever have a chance to visit you will have a wonderful time. There is so much to see and so much to learn. You can read more on the Pilgrims Voyage and the first Thanksgiving by visiting the official Plimouth Plantation Page Here.