This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OceanSprayOrganic#CollectiveBias
10 Practical Tips For a Stress-Free Productive Day. Now some of you may think I am the WRONG person to write about this topic since I am one of the worlds BIGGEST procrastinators. If you know me at all, you know that I will wait til’ the very last minute possible to complete a project or reach a deadline. While this is 100% the truth, I am consciously trying very hard to change my ways this year. I did not make a resolution, I think committing to a New Years resolution is the first step to failure. Instead, I chose to call it my game plan. A game plan doesn’t sound quite so permanent, more like a goal to work towards rather than a commitment.
10 Practical Tips For a Stress-Free Productive Day – Pin It For Later!
I have used these 10 practical and effective tips over the last few months to stay organized and productive throughout my day, and I must admit they have worked wonders for my productivity and everyday schedule. If you are in need of a little more organization and planning in your life, these 10 tips are for you. They are not groundbreaking, astronomical ways to change your life forever, but they will give you a clear mind, and help eliminate a bit of the chaos that comes with every day living.
I have broken the 10 Practical Tips For a Stress-Free Productive Day up into morning and evening tips. 5 things you can do in the morning to start your day off right, and 5 things you can do in the evening to unwind and kick-start the following day off right.
5 Practical Tips To Start Your Productive Day
- Wake Up Early – Set your alarm just a little bit earlier than everyone else. This will give you a little extra time to get in a morning workout, a shower, or complete other important tasks without being interrupted.
- Make Your Bed – Studies show that making your bed every morning gives you a feeling of accomplishment. You have completed your first initial task of the day, and will feel a sense of pride by doing that.
- Get Dressed Completely – Before you start your day, get yourself dressed completely, right down to your shoes. Having yourself “put together” will give you the motivation you need to keep going. People are more apt to be lazy and lounge around when they are wearing pajamas or “comfy clothes” than they are when they are fully dressed.
4.Eat a Satisfying and Healthy Breakfast – Start your day with the right fuel for your body. A healthy balanced breakfast is an important routine to adapt to. We love to menu plan and make ahead freezer meals. From healthy breakfast burritos to protein-packed energy bars, getting our vitamins and nutrients every day is an important part of our routine. We also like to serve natural fresh from the farm juices with our meals in the morning. That’s why we turn to Ocean Spray® Organic 100% Juice.
- Ocean Spray® Organic 100% Juices comes in three mouthwatering flavors Ocean Spray® Organic 100% Cranberry, Cranberry-Apple and Cranberry Blueberry and can be found in the juice aisle at your local Shop & Save. Be sure to clip and use the $2.00 off (ONE) bottle coupon that is offered. You can grab your savings HERE.
- You get all of the delicious, bold flavors that you are used to getting from the Ocean Spray brand, now 100% organic fresh from the farm juice. Ocean Spray® Organic 100% Juice gives you peace of mind. Since it is 100% organic, there is no worrying about what you are putting into your body. Ocean Spray® 100% Juice contains no added sugar, preservatives, or artificial flavors, just goodness in every sip. Each juice is non-GMO and is USDA Organic certified, carrying the organic seal.
5. Tackle The Toughest Tasks First – If your to-do list is long, start by getting the hardest, toughest tasks out of the way first. Once the tough ones are out of the way, all the rest seem simple. You will also gain a sense of accomplishment checking off your to-do list.
5 Practical Tips To End Your Productive Day
- Eliminate The Clutter – It is a proven fact that clutter causes stress. End the evening with a clutter-free house whenever possible. Pick up the stray toys, shoes, and mail that have made their way to your living space throughout the day and put them away. One of the biggest tips I have learned over the years is to never go to bed with dishes in your sink. Waking up to a clean, mess-free sink in the morning eliminates stress, and also gets your day started without the worry of clutter.
- Plan Your Day – Appointments, Meal Planning, Schedule – One of my biggest tips for a productive day is Menu planning. Preparing your meals for the following day/week can save time and eliminate the stress of not knowing what’s for dinner. Take a look at what is on your schedule for the next day, and how you can map out your appointments and scheduled errands to save time and energy. If you have an errand to run that is close to home and one that is further, hit the further one first, and cross that off your list. The one that is closer to home will be quicker and easier to get to in a shorter amount of time.
3. Set Out Your Clothes Before Bed – We did this as kids, and it was effective for a quick hassle-free morning. Doing this as an adult is no different. Choosing your clothes the night before will allow for a more productive morning the following day. I don’t know about you, but I can spend 15 minutes just looking for the right shirt in the morning. This will only set me back on my productivity and getting my day started. Finding them in the evening just makes more sense.
4. Unwind – Taking Time For Yourself – If you are like me, you always make sure everyone has everything they need when they need it. The kids have lunches, your husband has his laundry done etc. It is very important to take time for yourself. Even if it is just 30 minutes, relax, unwind and enjoy a little bit of personal time to reflect on the day. You might think this is easier said than done, but it is very important for your own self-care.
5. Get A Good Nights Rest – Our entire life we have heard that everyone needs a good solid 8 hours sleep. While I don’t agree that every person needs a full eight hours, I do agree that we all need a good nights rest. Crawl in bed with a good book a few minutes before you actually plan to go to sleep. Read for a short time, and relax your brain. Turn off the electronics, even the e-readers. Studies show that the lights from your gadgets are proven to keep you up at night. Grab an actual book that you can hold in your hand and turn physical pages to help you unwind.
There you have it, a procrastinators way to stay on track every day. 10 Practical Tips for a Stress-free Productive Day can be used to help anyone beat the productivity blues. If I can find success with these tips, then anyone can. If you have other great tips to stay on task and have a productive day, please leave them in the comments below, I would love to hear from you.
If you like this article, be sure to PIN IT to Pinterest using the image below! Have a wonderful and productive day!