Hey Hey! Welcome to part 2 of our quick bread series.
As I said Monday, I just love cooking up quick breads for breakfast for the busy teens we have at home. They are all pretty easy, and taste so wonderful, they don’t even realize there is yummy veggies or fruits in them.
I have 2 of the pickiest teens ever. So that makes my job harder to get the veggies in them that they need. Sure there might be sugar in this quick & easy bread, LOL but they are getting some veggies to say the least.
One of the favorites in this house is definitely Zucchini bread!
When I first made it, I made the mistake of letting them SEE me make it. The teens (then young boys) wanted absolutely no part of the bread with “the green stuff”.
Honestly it took me paying them each a dollar (I have no shame) just to taste it. It was worth the $2 spent haha. Now they love it and ask for it every few weeks.
I found this recipe in a box that was given to me years ago. The box was my grams, and this one was written in her handwriting which made it all the more special and close to my heart. I remember eating her zucchini bread as a kid. So it definitely takes me back to some wonderful childhood memories.
I’m sure there are versions of this recipe and other zucchini bread recipes out there, but we make it as Gram tells us to. I wouldn’t have it any other way.
I hope you enjoy it!
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups sugar
2 cups zucchini, grated
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8×4 inch loaf pans.
In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Mix in the oil and the sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. In a separate bowl combine flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, salt and nuts; stir into the egg mixture. Divide batter into the 2 prepared pans.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Thats Gram’s Delicious Zucchini bread! Give it a try and make those kids happy!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour two 8×4 inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy. Mix in the oil and the sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla. In a separate bowl combine flour, cinnamon, soda, baking powder, salt and nuts; stir into the egg mixture. Divide batter into the 2 prepared pans.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Did you miss the first recipe in the Quick bread series? Check it out here …
Moist & Delicious Strawberry Bread
Did you know?
A few fun facts about Zucchini
1. One zucchini has just 25 calories
2. The flower of the zucchini plant is also edible (I’ve seen this on food network! Have you ever eaten a stuffed zucchini blossom?)
3. A zucchini has more potassium than a banana
4. The most flavorful zucchinis are small- to medium-sized.
5. Need more reasons to eat zucchini? How about this: Zucchini is fat-free, cholesterol-free, low in sodium, rich in manganese and vitamin C