One of my favorite things to put Sriracha on now is re-fried beans (that I also don’t like LOL) with cheese.
One day I decided to see what kind of recipes were out there and I found this super easy Baked Honey Siracha Chicken recipe on damndelicious.net. I have adapted it slightly to satisfy my family. I like a little more sweet than heat personally.
Hey why not! They go together nicely.
- 2 pounds chicken legs
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Sriracha Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray your baking sheet with non stick cooking spray.
- To make the glaze, melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 1 minute or until slightly brown. Stir in honey, Sriracha, soy sauce, garlic powder and lime juice. Bring to a boil; simmer until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. Set aside.
- Place chicken onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle each piece lightly with your seasonings. and bake for 15 minutes. Brush your chicken with the Honey Sriracha sauce you made ahead of time. Cook for 15 – 20 minutes longer, turning and adding more sauce on the opposite side halfway through. (Cooking time will vary depending on what cut of chicken you are using. I prefer using legs or wings for this recipe)
- Set your oven to Broil, and broil for 3 – 5 minutes or until crisp and crusted on the outside.
- Serve immediately, garnish with sesame seeds and green onions if desired.
Are you a fan of spicy food? Adjust the heat level in this dish simply by adding more or less of the Sriracha hot sauce.
Since making this recipe, I have tried a few other sweet and heat dishes. My newest favorite is Korean Beef with Rice! You may like that one also!
We are adding our favorite recipes to Pinterest every day! Follow along with us so you can also Get Inspired!