This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CampbellSavings #CollectiveBias
When I said last week that we were starting to prepare for back to school already, I was half joking and half serious. Until yesterday when the teens schedules came in the mail! Wait… what? Summer is just about over! Less than a month and my house will be quiet and
peaceful… I mean lonely again. On a serious note, having two teens in high school, I need to make sure they have a nice hearty, filling breakfast before they start their day. Sometimes that can be a bit challenging around here since we both work full time also. Make ahead meals, and blender drinks are perfect for those busy school mornings. Kicked up Freezer Breakfast Burritos and a Tropical Orange and Pineapple Smoothie will make every morning complete.
Smoothies and breakfast burritos are pretty common dishes around here on a regular basis, and a big hit with the teens. This week I wanted to switch things up a little and kick it up a notch. I headed over to Walmart for some ideas. How can I kick up breakfast burritos and boring smoothies? Picante sauce! Yep, that’s right, Pace Picante Sauce. Guaranteed to add a kick to your cooking and snacking for sure. For the smoothies, I wanted to add some new flavors and possibly some vitamins and minerals. Getting the teens to eat their veggies is getting easier, but sometimes still a challenge. V8 + Energy has fantastic flavor combinations, a full serving of fruits and vegetables, and it tastes like fruit.
Finding both of these wonderful Campbell’s products is easy, just head over to your local Walmart. There are even some sweet coupons you can use on select Campbell’s products. Click Here for your coupons for Pace Salsa, V8+ Energy, Prego Italian Sauce and Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup plus so much more!
Want to make a complete hearty, filling meal like this one for your family? Here is how we did it.
Kicked up Freezer Breakfast Burritos
- Pace Picante Sauce
- 10 Flour tortillas
- 9 eggs scrambled and cooked
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Your favorite breakfast toppings (bacon, sausage, ham etc)
- Sour cream
- Set up an assembly line of your ingredients before you start to put the breakfast burritos together. This will make the process go so much faster.
- Fill your tortilla with cheese, egg, Pace Picante Sauce, and any breakfast topping you love.
- Bring up the two sides together so they touch, and begin to roll the tortilla as shown in the photo. Wrap tightly with a foil sheet.
- Be sure to label what is inside each bundle with a sharpie if they are different.
- Place in a large ziplock bag until ready to serve.
- Remove from the foil wrap, and microwave for 1 to 2 minutes if thawed, and 3 to 5 minutes if frozen. Or until heated through.
- Oven heated: Bake in 350-degree oven for 10 – 15 minutes until completely heated through.
- These burritos are completely cooked, so all you are doing is warming them up.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole, and extra Pace Picante Sauce on top!
Tropical Orange Pineapple Smoothie
- 1 8 oz. can V+ Energy – Orange Pineapple flavor
- 1/2 Cup Vanilla Yogurt
- 1/2 Tablespoon sugar or sweetener
- 6 Ice cubes.
Place all the ingredients in a blender. Blend on high until everything is mixed well and all of the ice is blended up.
A well-balanced breakfast perfect for Back to School busy mornings. Be sure to stop by the Campbell’s website for more fantastic Back to School recipes, coupons, tips, and other great ideas perfect for Back to School!
Love these recipes? You might also love ….