Moist and delicious Pumpkin Cake Recipe using only 2 ingredients! A fantastic fall dessert packed with tons of flavor! Everyone loves simple and easy baking recipes, this Two Ingredient Pumpkin Cake is the easiest. I have seen many “dump cakes” that use fruit filling and a box cake mix, but I’m not a huge fan of fruit type cakes. This pumpkin version is much more my taste when it comes to a sweet fall dessert.
Two Ingredient Pumpkin Cake- Pin it for later!
Trying new recipes!
When one of my co-workers gave me this recipe I have to admit I was skeptical, to say the least. A ridiculously moist pumpkin cake with just the right amount of spices was not what I had imagined. Since I am open to trying new easy dessert recipes, I said what the heck! It was simply amazing! So amazing in fact, I now make it multiple times a year. Not just in the fall. Even the teens enjoy making this Two Ingredient Pumpkin Cake, not to mention eating it.
Basic Pumpkin Cake Recipe
Mix together your cake mix and pumpkin.
Pour the batter in the prepared pans. The batter will be thick spread it as evenly as possible in the pan.
Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Pumpkin Cake Served Two Ways
In our house, we love this pumpkin cake two ways. Straight out of the oven with hot cocoa or coffee, and we also like to add a glaze to the top while it is still warm and serve as a dessert.
- 1 1/2 cups powder sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider or orange juice
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
mix all of the glaze ingredients together thoroughly until combined.
Poke holes in the cake using a wooden skewer. pour the glaze over the top of the cake and into the holes. Serve warm.
You can see just how moist this pumpkin dessert is. No one will ever know it is only TWO ingredients!! The glaze is not overpowering either. It adds a bit more sweetness with all the flavors of fall in the pumpkin pie spice. Simply wonderful.
Moist Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- 1 box yellow cake mix your favorite brand
- 1 15 oz. can of pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 baking dish or 2 standard loaf pans.
- Mix together your cake mix and pumpkin.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pans. The batter will be thick spread it as evenly as possible in the pan.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
If you are a fan of pumpkin, Don’t Forget To Pin It For Later!